Friday, August 28, 2015

How To Pay PTPTN with EPF@KWSP Savings


For PTPTN borrowers with education financing agreement executed 2 Jan 2001 onwards, they can use the savings from their EPF@KWSP account 2 to pay for the PTPTN study loan. From my point of view, PTPTN borrowers should try their best to pay with their own money and not from their KWSP savings. Mainly because EPF@KWSP is a saving for our retirement. Using EPF@KWSP savings to pay for PTPTN study loan should be the last resort to settle PTPTN study loan. 

You can click here for procedure on how to make PTPTN repayment through EPF@KWSP withdrawal. 





10 comments:

  1. if you have a good planning about investment for yourself, i think using epf to pay ptptn will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Happy Vee, thank you for your comment. I still think that it's best not to touch epf savings unless it's for investment purpose to increase our net asset value :) Just my opinion :)

      Delete
  2. Any idea if part-payment from EPF is allowed (not full settlement)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi... I have not idea about part-payment. I think you can call your nearest EPF or PTPTN office.

      Delete
  3. I am going to use kwsp to pay my ptptn. I think in my situation its fine because i have joined public sector and i have switched to retiremenent scheme..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, that's a smart move because you switched to retirement scheme :) Thank you for sharing.

      Delete
  4. I wonder why PTPTN loan before 2001 is not allowed to withdraw from account 2 of KWSP? Any particular reason?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there.... hmm.. i have no idea as well.. sorry..

      Delete
    2. KWSP should state a strong reason why only loan after 2 Jan 2001 allow to use KWSP acc 2. If not people will keep asking and wondering..

      Delete
    3. Hi Farizie, I agree with what you mentioned.

      Delete