Thursday, March 20, 2014

My First Private Retirement Scheme (PRS) Investment


By now, I believe most of us, the wage earners in Malaysia had heard of Private Retirement Scheme (PRS). In December last year, I started my first investment in Private Retirement Scheme (PRS). I have 2 consultants from different firms who had shared their PRS funds with me earlier. I invested in Manulife because the timing for the consultant to share with  me is right and she is very consistent and quite professional in my previous dealing with her. Btw, I also had other investment with her. So, I feel quite comfortable with her style. Back to my PRS investment, upon filling up the forms and answer a few questionnaires, the fund which is compatible with my 'investment taste' is Manulife PRS Growth Fund. Since 2013, I had done some reading about PRS, so I roughly had some idea what is PRS. If you wish to know more about PRS, I suggest you read about it here and here.

Well, if you've invested in PRS as well, do share with me which fund you're investing in.

photo credit: scottwills via photopin cc

4 comments:

  1. Hullo Yan!
    My comment is totally unrelated to money matters unfortunately. I'm responding to your comment on my blog about sewing machines. I couldn't find an email address.. which is why I'm here. Anyway, I'm using Brother's Quilters QC 1000 which I bought really as a treat to myself. It's slightly pricey at RM6000, but I actually started sewing and quilting on a very basic RM800 Singer machine, which worked just fine. Do email me if you have any other questions on sewing or quilting, I'll be only to happy to help. Your blog looks really interesting too, I'm planning to read all your posts! Thanks again for visiting my blog and sorry for the really loooong comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Zara, for your reply :) I've replied in your beautiful blog :)

      My blogs consist mostly of my own experience, sharing on financial management matter and sometimes 'some out of the topic' posts :p

      Delete
  2. Hi, I hv bought in 2 PRS in 2012 and 2013 respectively, which are Kenanga Conservative fund and Kenanga Moderate fund which is giving me about 5% return. I would like to welcome you to my blog also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ck5354, thanks for dropping by.. wow.. you're among those early birds for PRS.. 5% return is quite good.. and i've checked your blog too. very informative.. let's keep sharing.. :)

      Delete