Thursday, January 6, 2011

Savings from My Ten Working Years

By Dec 2010, I have been working for 10 years. I did some rough calculations. From the total income of the 10 working years, I have with me about 75% of the total income. I have spent away the other 25%. Throughout the 10 years, for the first 5 years, I didn’t manage to save much. Most of the 75% come from the last 5 year (2006-2010). I would say, I can do better if I know how to manage my finance well from my first pay cheque.

Ten years is not a short period of time, but it can pass very fast. Looking ahead, with God blessing, I still have about 20 more golden years to build my wealth. I wish to generate more for the next 5 years. I wish the return from my investment can cover the shortage in my first 5 working years. 

How about you? Perhaps can do some simple calculations and share with me your result.

And I am wishing everyone a wonderful, prosperous and blessed new year ahead. Happy New Year 2011!