Saturday, July 10, 2010

LHDN@IRB - Overpaid Tax Refund

I submitted my 2009 income tax in April 2010 through e-Filing. The process was very fast and convenient. For my 2009 tax return, I have an overpaid. My employer deduct the tax on monthly basis from my payroll. Well, not a big amount but it is my money and I want it to be returned to me.

I read from local news that LHDN@IRB will return the overpaid tax within a month from the date of submission especially for those who submitted through e-Filing. Towards June 2010, I have not received any news on my tax refund yet. So, I sent an email to LHDN@IRB to enquire on the status of my refund. Within 2 days, I received a reply mentioning that my tax refund request had been sent for processing at the local tax office, LHDN@IRB Kuching. Within 2 weeks from the date of my email, I received the cheque from LHDN@IRB.

Even though I didn't not received the refund within one month from my income tax submission but I am quite satisfied with their prompt reply on my request. Quite an impressive improvement. Hope that for 2010 tax return, tax payers will receive their tax refund within one month time, as mentioned by LHDN@IRB.

13 comments:

  1. Hi Sis Yan..
    A very good info sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi PG, thanks for dropping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did my e-Filing in end-March this year and I received my tax refund 28 days later. I really surprise on IRB's efficiency.

    May be you could try to submit your tax return before the dateline and you might be able to receive your refund within the 30-day period.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi LSC, good suggestion. Perhaps next year I should file in income tax earlier... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. May I know which email address you file your complaint?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, the email I got from the website (http://www.hasil.gov.my/lhdnv3/) was callcentre@hasil.gov.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup..i was shock also at first at the speed of my tax refunds.

    Hopefully, this applies to all gov agencies. I did the online filing though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kris, yes :) I hope it applies to other gov agencies/bodies too.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi.I just received my overpaid Income tax cheque last week.Cool....
    Just to share with u all..EPF is the most efficient department among others.My staffs who are retired 55 year old received their EPF money direct to their acct on the day of their birthday.sharp sharp..!!(if they submit their form in advance)..very cool..

    ReplyDelete
  10. i still didn't get my tax refund until now..only got letter from IRB 3 months ago saying that they need to clarify further on my tax refund...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kiki Solar Girl, that's great to know :) This is what we want as well :) Wow.. sharp sharp on their birthday.. that's quite an impressive improvement.

    Anonymous, perhaps you can call to your local LHDN centre or email them? 3 months is quite a long time...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Guys,,,I am struggling n i have visited 4 times and yet to get my refund....There is no unique process and every time I visit I have been asked for different documents..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, i see. sorry to hear about that. maybe you can send email or send a letter to them (to have black and white) instead of visiting them.

      Delete