Monday, August 3, 2009

The Return From My Public Dividend Select Fund (PDSF)

Recently I received my annual statement of investment for my first unit trust, Public Dividend Select Fund (PDSF) which I invested in May 2005, with only RM1K. I was a bit surprised as there is a dividend of RM91.03 for financial year ended 31 May 2009. I am surprised because in this bearish market, Public Dividend Select Fund still can perform quite well and helping its investors to gain some dividends. I must say that I am impressed with the way the fund managers manage the fund.

I am not expecting a huge return from any of my unit trust funds for 2009 as I know the market is slow and very conservative. I am thinking to top up my Public Dividend Select Fund. Being a normal investor, I do feel a bit regret that I did not top up my PDSF between Oct08 to Feb09 whereby the unit price is only slightly more than RM0.20. For last Friday (31 July 2009), the unit price is RM0.2557. I notice the unit price is climbing up quite fast. It is time for me to consider whether or not to top up my PDSF.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Yan. Yes, the performance chart for PDSF shows increasing trend since April 2009. Most of the fund's unit price bounced back now after a plunge since October last year. I am regret too to miss the opportunity for my first investment in Unit trust. Any good fund to recommend at this time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margaret... Wow.. you checked the PDSF performance chart. That's great to know :)
    You are still very young and there is still a lot of opportunity for you to invest. We might not purchase with the lowest price, but it doesn't meant that the return from our investment is low. But, first and foremost, before you make any investment, you must be aware that there is a risk of losing your investment (not making money, but maybe making a loss). If you can accept this, then you can start your investment. I recently also invested in PB Growth Fund (higher risk but with higher return). Now, I am looking for investment in fast developing countries like China and India.

    ReplyDelete