Monday, July 20, 2009

My Spending Urge Habit

I noticed that I had this urge to splurge when I made a huge purchase for a particular month. For example, I bought a digital camera with RM1k. Then, during the same month, I made another purchase of RM500 gold necklace. Usually, I can control my spending habits. But, once I made a huge purchase for a particular month, it seems like I open the door to huge purchases and it is rather hard to control my urge to spend. Is this normal? Do you have the same spending urge like me?

It is SALE season now. Everywhere, there is huge Discounts, some up to 70%. I must control myself. Else, it will be painful when I see the $$$ being transferred to my credit card accounts.

4 comments:

  1. It's Mega sell season, think that's normal. ^^ No harm to reward yourself once in a while with your entertainment savings if you see something you really like, or may come in handy with reasonable/low price. Set a spending limit, or stay away from the mall after the purchase, for me that's the best way to control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ching Ya! Yes, I agree with you, as long as not spending without limit. Stay away from the mall.... hmmm..it's hard to do la.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually fix portion of the monthly income for entertainment fee. If I really couldn't overcome the temptation to spend on something which exceeds my monthly entertainment saving at particular month, I will check whether I save extra from the entertainment saving from previous month to offset this month expenses. If no, then I will insist not to spend..To avoid dissapointment, I will make sure I got that extra saving from previous month before I step my foot into the mall...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Margaret! I believe it needs strong determination and proper planning. Thanks for the sharing :)

    ReplyDelete